Friday, April 1, 2011

It's Friday Friday gotta get down on Friiiday

I was about to start off this post with a very obvious, "Today is Friday," but not only was that unnecessary, as I'm sure you're all well aware of the date, but it also got Rebecca Black's obnoxiously awful Friday song stuck in my head. I suppose this post can only go uphill from here.

So after getting lunch today, I hunkered down in my room, ready to do some work, when some sort of alarm started going off. It almost sounded like the fire alarm, but I heard no activity upstairs, outside, or in my hallway. So I sent a quick message to Lauren ("fire alarm?") three floors above me, who had no idea what I was talking about, and couldn't hear a thing. I still don't know what that alarm was all about, but it drove me from my room and up to Lauren's, where I watched her clean her room and vacuum. We then proceeded to skype with her friend for an hour and a half before going to dinner. Productive afternoon successfully down the drain.

I'd also like to note that while running up the stairs to Lauren's, I wiped out half a flight from the top, with a half full cup of chai tea and two people watching. I managed somehow not to spill too much of my drink (the witnesses were impressed), but at the cost of two very sore knees and a nice swollen bruise.

Dinner was a plate full of curry chicken mush and dry rice, which did very little to fill my stomach. The alternatives were some sort of broccoli/salmon pasta or fried cod, neither of which were any more appealing to me. The nice woman who serves us our main food (there's also the cheery veg guy and the miserable chip lady) finally asked Lauren and me what our names were, claiming she knew just about everyone but us. Although she at least knows by now that we are the somewhat picky American eaters who always ask what everything is, as in "What's this? ...Oh. Okay. I'll have the other thing."

After dinner was another Friday night trip to the movies with Lauren, Veronique, Emma, Rachel, and Rishika. We saw Hall Pass, and it was actually funnier than we expected it to be. The first 15-20 minutes of it are pure awful though - horrible acting, pacing, and unnecessary scenes - but once past that, it made me laugh.

I also got some M&Ms and realized that they were re-sealable and it was quite exciting. JUST LOOK!

Whoa, right? This should be on all candy bags all over the world (or at least at the GC).

No comments:

Post a Comment