Saturday, April 30, 2011

Don't fall asleep at the bus stop

I miss being home with food. I'm going to have to go to the store. However, having to go out for lunch (Subway) got me out into the beautiful weather. It's in the 60s here, perfectly clear sky, nice breeze, green trees. Lovely. Eventually I'll get to my work. Eh.

Since I've arrived back in the UK, I have seen too many girls with shorts and tights. I look forward to the day those tights/leggings go back into winter drawers. I've also seen two guys randomly sleeping in public places. One guy was possibly homeless or just really tired, the other was drunk. The drunk one I saw yesterday, on my trek back from McDonald's, so I only assume he just got a little out of hand amidst the excitement of the royal wedding. Unfortunately for him he fell asleep on a bus stop bench, leaning in what looked like a very uncomfortable way against the bus stop shelter, with an empty bottle next to him and what looked like a bottle cap in his mouth, while young hooligans took pictures on their phones. One day perhaps he'll regret this.

I also forgot to mention that I arrived back to my dorm to many signs proclaiming a "BBQ on the front lawn, 3 pm, bring your own food and drink," which led me to seriously question what "BBQ" actually means to the British.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA to guys sleepin and to a BBQ without food. Isn't that just a picnic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha yes that is exactly what Veronique said.

    ReplyDelete