Monday, June 20, 2011

London recap part 2

I realized I had this part two just sitting here, slightly unfinished but waiting to be posted. So I suppose I'll do that now...

Our fourth day in London was rainy, so we took a taxi to the British Museum. One of those museums I read can't be missed. It's the one with the Rosetta Stone. It was pretty cool seeing that, and it had a lot of neat, old things, but in general, I start to lose interest when the museum has no art. I can't take too much natural history. But here were my personal highlights:

There's the main hall. Pretty cool.

In the room of enlightenment. Very enlightening.

THE ROSETTA STONE!



This is from the Parthenon...I'm pretty sure I studied it once upon a time in Art History, but that was two years ago. So who knows.


The mummy of Cleopatra! Unfortunately not the famous Cleopatra, but whatever. It's a real mummy!

After the British Museum, we headed over to the National Gallery in Trafalgar Square and saw some beautiful art. Now that's what I'm talking about. Unfortunately, for stupid reasons I do not know or understand, we couldn't take pictures inside. But before I learned this, I snapped this beaut:



How I wish I could have documented the Monet pieces I saw. I looooove Monet! And there were so many.

Yum! Here's one of our delicious Italian meals. I got some gnocchi with mozzarella. So. Good.

After the Italian meal we walked over to Piccadilly Circus and Shaftesbury Avenue for the sole reason of being where Harry Potter filmed in part one of the seventh movie. Yay! We are so cool!
Walking in the footsteps of Harry, Ron, and Hermy. Loving life.

No comments:

Post a Comment