Saturday, June 4, 2011

My life is complete!

I just walked into Caffe Nero after buying a sub (I skipped this ritual yesterday, for the sake of change), and super happy worker guy was there (he's a ginger - those are the people with red hair, Mum - so let's call him Ron, you know, like Ron Weasley. With the red hair. Get it? It's clever, right? Stop looking at me like that!) and he saw me, smiled, and asked, "tea?" whilst grabbing a to-go cup and filling it with hot water.

Let the records show that this is merely my third encounter with Ron at Caffe Nero. Then again, I did pay him in nickels the other day, so I'm not surprised he remembers me. Also I'm American. Which means I have a killer accent. Duh. Also Nerita was there the time I paid with nickels (and by nickels I mean 5 pence pieces because the British do not have cool names for each coin), and we chatted about how Lauren was missed and how I was going home soon too. So I'm only assuming she then told Ron all about me and Lauren, the best customers ever, because that's the only logical thing that could have happened.


So by now I've gobbled down the Subway sub and drank the delicious tea and I suppose I'd better start studying. When I get home, I'm not eating Subway for a year. Until then, I'm super lucky because for the next month, Subway is tripling the points you receive on your Subcard. So I am very quickly earning another free sub, which I will enjoy before returning to the US, and waving goodbye to the Subways on every street corner.

In other news, this is what I'm looking at instead of my notes:

It's tough to study while staring out my window at a lovely blue sky. I know there is a curtain, but you can see the blue. And it's just the light that's making my room look like a dark cave. But the weather's been so nice the past couple days. Yesterday I was actually sweating in jeans, and wore a tank top. England has finally decided summer is here, so why am I not yet on summer vacation?!?

Another question: Why does my water bottle instruct me to "consume within 3 days and by date shown" once the bottle is opened? In three days, it will be June 7, 2011. The date shown on the bottle is Nov. 2012. I'm supposed to drink this water within the next 3 days AND by Nov. 2012??? Someone please explain this to me and I'll give you 81 pence in pennies.

No comments:

Post a Comment