Saturday, June 4, 2011

Whoops

For the second night in a row, I am an insomniac. Great. I blame the stress of my last stupid final plus the excitement of my family on a plane right now headed my way. It's all too much! Also, I was hungry.

Anyway, my plug adapter, which is on the wall at the foot of my bed, has two little lights on it when it is plugged in. Lucky for me, British outlets have switches to turn each particular outlet on or off. So in an attempt to decrease the amount of light in my room at night, I switch off this outlet and the little lights go to sleep. Well it is now four in the freaking morning so I'm a little out of it and in the pitch dark I jabbed my finger at the lights, aiming for the switch, and apparently hit the reset button or some such thing. (As a side note, I do not recommend jabbing fingers at outlets in general.) And suddenly the hum of my little fridge dies and I realize the whole outlet is dead.

Another important piece of information to understand is that of the four outlets in my room, two have not worked since I got here. And maintenance has never come to help. So I have just killed my remaining pair of outlets. And no amount of violence toward the test or reset buttons have reversed my mistake. In fact, the little sticker on the outlet tells me that if there is a red flag, do not use the outlet. I can't quite tell if the little square below the reset button is red, but it kind of looks reddish. Wonderful.

Now my outlet is making crazy noises.

OH MY GOSH THE POWER IS BACK! MIRACLE OF MIRACLES! WELCOME BACK FRIDGE! I'm sorry I killed you for a little while there.

But the crazy noises continue. Lauren's outlets used to make these noises. It's extremely annoying.

Oh no. I stopped the noise and killed the power. WHY! I need to stop messing with this before it shocks me. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment