Sunday, June 5, 2011

Welcome to Manchester, Daigle family!

Whoa. My family is down the street from me right now! Surreal!

I apologize to anyone - Katie - who is expecting photos of tired looking Daigles decked out in tourist fashion on their first day in the UK. I failed and took no photos. Amanda has some nice ones of Greenland and her first Caffe Nero lemon poppyseed muffin, which I missed because I'm a loser and had to study. In 24 hours, I shall be free. And you bet your toenails I will watch and/or force them to eat and drink something at Caffe Nero with me.

Until then, I cannot stay long, for I must read through my prepared essays and actually try to sleep. Also my computer doesn't hold a charge like it used to, and well, in case you weren't caught up, I have no working outlet in my room right now. Don't play with outlets, kids.

Before I go, I'd also like to mention that my family has shown me how much I have acclimated here without even realizing it. We ate dinner at a pub near their hotel, and one of the workers came over to grab our empty plates. He asked, "Was everything alright with the food?" to which no one responded until I blurted out "yes!" It was confusing because my dad was at the end of the table and I figured he'd answer. As soon as the guy walks away my family goes, "What did he just say??" Takes me back to those first days here in January with my dad, when the two of us had absolutely no idea what anyone was saying to us, thanks to the lovely Northern accent of Manchester and fast talkers. I can now proudly say that I understand the people here. Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment