Monday, June 13, 2011

So long, UK.

Last night in England, what?

When and how did this happen? You've been good to me, England. I've enjoyed you. London has been absolutely lovely, and I can't believe we're about to leave it. I'm just glad we're heading off to Paris before we have to go home. It's a little strange to realize I've been away from home for almost 6.5 weeks now, but still don't feel all too homesick. I could keep going and traveling. If I had to go back to school that would be a different story. The University of Manchester dragged their semester out way too long. But staying on this side of the pond with endless amounts of money and time would be wonderful. Where's a magic genie lamp when I need one? Seriously, I just spent my last two pound coin on London postcards. Sadface.

So what have we been doing? Well Saturday we took a lovely trip to Oxford, today we took another lovely trip to Cambridge, and yesterday we walked around London in miserable rain. I promise I will post better, more detailed descriptions of these days - with pictures - ASAP. In the meantime I will continue to be lazy and tired and about to go to bed. We also rode on the London Eye earlier tonight, and ate another Italian meal. The concierge told us Italian food here was not good, but he must have eaten Italian food out of the garbage because I'm pretty sure we've had it more times than necessary and there have been no complaints.

We have also discovered a love of Afternoon Tea:





WHY ARE WE LEAVING ENGLAND?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment