Wednesday, June 1, 2011

If by studying you mean writing a blog post, then yes. I am studying.

Half way through the week! Yippee! If only I could say the same about my studying... In the meantime, here are some random stories that do not involve "revising":


So I just got back from dinner, where Emma and I for some reason started talking about the dangers of the beach. I started telling her the story of Soul Surfer and Bethany Hamilton, and as I'm explaining that she got her arm bitten off by a shark, the table gets quiet, and I suddenly realize Kozue, Moka and Rishika are now staring at me with wide eyes. Many people have already left dinner, leaving all four girls coincidentally sitting across from me like eager little students, which was infinitely amusing. I even moved seamlessly from Soul Surfer to Seven Pounds. You know, where Will Smith kills himself in a bathtub with a jelly fish. Good times.

Last night I watched Britain's Got Talent with Emma, Becky and Ellen, who all sit next to me at dinner and convinced me I had to come watch it with them at "half seven." It was fun watching the British version with actual British girls who were all invested in the show - it was already the semi-finals. Plus Simon Cowell returned for the semi-finals and I got to listen to him judge. I didn't realize until now how much I've missed him from American Idol. Becky was also quizzing me on all these "celebrities," who Ellen would then argue "weren't that famous," but in any case who I didn't know. And after a while of this Becky just exclaimed, "I love talking to you! You're like an alien!" And to think I still feel much less foreign than other international students.


Today was a cloudy day, as usual, though relatively warm. (Yes, I made it outdoors. For Subway! One of the Subway guys totally knows me now. I wish I had more lunch options. But he's old and very cheerful and asked me if I had exams. And wished me luck. Awe.) I'm only bringing this up because it is 7:24 pm and I am looking out my window at a beautiful bright blue sky. Where has this sky been all day??


I also stopped by Caffe Nero to get a tea and another new kid was working. Yesterday the only people working were new! I suspect they have a different summer crew, like at the GC. In any case, I walked in and there was no one at the counter, so the kid working sees me and watches me walk over like he's about to burst with excitement. I barely got to the counter before he's practically leaning over it asking what I want. I was impressed by his new kid or possibly just start of summer enthusiasm. Made it much easier to give him £1.40 in 5 pence pieces. Gotta use up that change somehow, amIright?


I was going to end there, BUT I just discovered that if I press alt3 I can type the £ symbol!!! I finally looked it up, since I've been trying to avoid the extra effort involved in copying and pasting the symbol. New things! Hooray! ¡™£¢∞§¶•ªº!

No comments:

Post a Comment