Wednesday, March 30, 2011

in other news...


Lots more flowers since the last time I took a picture. Pretty, right?

Today my bag broke, and it was both sad and embarrassing. I was at the library and overestimated the amount of books my bag could carry. I had the bag only on that one shoulder walking down the stairs when it was suddenly on the floor, strap ripped free. Lauren's reaction, however, involved, "I watched this happen to Veronique's bag too!" What person witnesses two separate backpack straps break in a matter of weeks? But I have grown to love this bag so this is quite sad. I'm hoping somehow it can be fixed...

This is the entrance of St. Gabriel's. I've mentioned the unfortunate placement of my window, so here is photographic proof. That's my window at the foot of the stairs. The room above me is some sort of office where people drop seemingly large, heavy objects on the floor at random times.

Yes, I took a picture of the lock on the door. This is mostly to illustrate the immense effort it takes to get into the building. This door is easy.

There is also a second door, and a second lock! One must punch the correct code into the pad, and simultaneously turn the knob and the key. It makes entering the building with a hot drink from Caffe Nero quite difficult.

And there you go. The entrance from the inside. As you can see, you also have to turn two handles to open the door from the inside as well.

And here is the rest of the lobby. These couches are so comfortable. My friends and I often wait for each other here. This room is also always unusually hot and there are a variety of British magazines chilling on the tables. And yes, you're right, that is Saint Gabriel watching out for us up there on the pedestal.

No comments:

Post a Comment