Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Mall

Yesterday I gave myself a day off from work and escaped from my room. I'd been in there a long time. But in between watching Harry Potter weekend on slingbox I did manage to finish all the homework due this week, minus the essay. Also, I woke up that morning and discovered the toilet seat had somehow detached from the toilet. And I discovered this the hard way. I'm just happy I didn't end up on the floor or in the water.

So I ventured over to the city center and walked around the mall. It was enjoyable. I mostly just ate food. Though I had to wander a while to find the bagel place I wanted...The mall was not only super crowded but it is also laid out in a very strange circular shape that I have not yet conquered. I still haven't figured out if there are more than one H&M stores or if I just walked by the same one several times. But I finally found the bagel place and got this deliciousness for lunch:

Although the cream cheese was slightly strange - it might be the texture - it was still a superb bagel. Just look at the delicious toasting job. Yum.

There are also two - TWO - bookstores in the mall, so I wandered around them both because I'm a nerd. But I found The Hunger Games and definitely like the American covers better.

And here are some lovely pictures of Piccadilly Gardens, the City Center area where the mall is:
There were lights on the trees! Pretty.

Pigeon lady.

Trees lights and Primark. Kind of like Macy's.

Spot the public urinals? Yeah, it's gross.

The bus stop place where all the buses go and people wait for buses.

I also bought a cupcake at the mall at a cupcake cart. Look how yummy! Scabbers was very interested.

The mall also had its fair share of interesting people. After seeing that one girl with pink dreads, I didn't think anyone could top it. Well I have not only seen a second, completely different girl with pink dreads, but also a guy with a dreadlock mullet. Business in the front, dreads in the back.

At least five girls of varying ages also sported I <3 Justin Bieber tees.

It's really not so different across the pond.

1 comment: