Thursday, March 10, 2011

THE LIMIT DOES NOT EXIST!

Today consisted of paper writing, free Subway, and Mean girls.

Because I had quite little motivation to do my paper (it's not graded. what?), I wrote the bulk of it today. Managed to finish by 8 pm. Not a bad little paper, considering I had to figure out how to properly use MHRA style instead of MLA, and this involved footnotes. Thank god Microsoft Word is much smarter than I am, and has a handy 'insert footnote' button. I'm counting on you, little button.

In between writing my paper I took a break for some Subway with Lauren and Veronique. Because it's free six inch sub day! Happy 10th anniversary Subway! And thank you for giving me free* food! It was yummy and totally made standing in line for a half hour worth it. Yeah I'm pretty sure we were in line for a half hour. I'm telling you, people love Subway here. Blows my mind.

*with the purchase of a medium drink! It was only £1.29.

So Lauren and Veronique went off with their subs to class and I headed back to, you guessed it, work on the paper. As you can see, I was working hard. Note the old library books behind the £1.29 Coke and the free glorious sweet onion chicken teriyaki six inch sub on Italian bread. Lovely, right?


And after I finally finished the paper, I rewarded myself with more deliciousness:


Yummm. Chocolate and coconut and a brand name that comes with its own American towel jingle. And if you thought this would be the perfect end to a not so perfect day (I did write a paper, let's not forget..) it GETS BETTER! Thanks to Lindsay Lohan pre-crazy in Mean Girls. Which Lauren, Veronique, and I watched with our British friend Emma, who supplied the DVD. She also had all the Harry Potters, Finding Nemo, 17 Again, Dirty Dancing, and 13 Going on 30, from what I can remember. So normal! British people watch movies too! Wow!

The best moment of the night happened when Cady first gets to school, and almost gets hit by a yellow schoolbus while crossing the street. And Emma laughed and said, "And you guys really have buses like that in America right? That's great."

No comments:

Post a Comment