Thursday, March 24, 2011

just find the horizon, I promise you it's not as far as you think

In the midst of sad times and that constant feeling of being tired, as well as an unwritten essay looming over my head, the bright moments should be recognized. Although it seems slightly ironic, there is no getting past the undeniably good feeling of blue skies and the warmth of the sun. I don't want to jinx it, but the weather here has been absolutely beautiful. Yesterday, after leaving the library, I sat on a bench waiting for Lauren and Veronique. Unfortunately messages were mixed up and they forgot the meeting place, and while I sat outside one building, they were around the corner sitting on the steps of a completely different building. By the time I wandered around the corner to check if they were in the wrong place, they'd already left. 45 minutes later I found myself at McDonald's, inadvertently meeting another friend, Emma, and we sat in McDonald's talking for over an hour. It was well worth the mix up. I also made a little baby smile in line. Baby smiles are the best! Thank you, little baby.

Lauren and I recently got back from Caffe Nero, where we ate paninis for lunch. Caffe Nero also has delicious tea. And the woman working there knew Lauren's latte order. Our next goal is to learn the workers' names. There aren't that many of them. And I'll be back soon, since my drink punch card is full and I get a free drink. The question now is what to get. Should I try a Chai Latte because its expensive? Perhaps a white chocolate mocha? Or maybe just a really large hot chocolate. Either way, it will be delicious because it will be free. I only had to buy nine drinks to get to this point.

And as nice as it is to stay in the ungraded world of blogger, that paper needs to be written. But stay tuned for a new episode of the Pear and Berry Misadventures. And also, feel free to congratulate me on fixing the time for this thing. Blogger apparently thought I was residing in the central time zone of the US or something similarly ridiculous. Now when I discuss returning from lunch, the timing of my posts will not claim it is morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment