Sunday, May 15, 2011

Airports are where the airplanes go to take their naps, young padawan. You have much to learn.

I have successfully spent the past two days studying. Well, I mean, basically. Right? At least I've studied through the afternoons and after dinner, so there. It's been a lot of reading and I know too much about Martin Luther and Jean Calvin and the Catholics in Spain and the stupid peasants in Germany and I cannot wait to get this final over with on Thursday.

All three of my final exams consist of writing 2 essays from a choice of 8-10 questions. In two hours. Even Wellesley gives us two and a half hours. And I remember the two and a half hours spent furiously writing for my Shakespeare exam last semester. I do not look forward to the aching hand. But maybe I'll go buy myself some special pens.

Oh dang it. There was this cool yellow pen at the Manchester Art Gallery of Crazytown and I didn't get it.

*regret*

Anyway. Yesterday, Lauren and I studied for hours in Caffe Nero, which makes for a lovely atmosphere, and then moved our studies to the dining hall in our dorm, which is nice and quiet and has become our new spot.

Lauren's finance textbook is ridiculous though, going through complicated situations before admitting the absurdity and then explaining that the problem is actually impossible. It also makes sure to explain things like "an airline is an airline because it deals with airplanes". Just in case you didn't know. This book might be on to something though. I mean I was planning to one day write a best selling novel with the first line of "The bedroom was where I kept my bed." It's going to be a mystery novel about a robot.

2 comments: