Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Manchester Art Gallery: Where art meets chocolate factory meets Barbie meets desk lamp.

Can anyone explain how days slowly and lazily drag into each other when at the same time you're not sure how almost another week has passed so quickly? This is what my time here has become, apparently. Slow days turning into split second weeks.

Thursday, when I falsely thought Lauren would be back from her five week American break, I actually went out and occupied myself with things other than my computer. I ventured to the Manchester Art Gallery in the City Center, which was surprisingly easy to get to, and though large, not quite as large and impressive as I expected it to be. Sure, I probably can appreciate an art museum more than some people I know, but I'm still a sucker for big name, cliche pieces, and the only artist name I recognized there was "Caldecott" on a tiny painting. And I only know his name because of the literary award named for him. In any case, I still amused myself and documented it all for you. Here are the highlights:

The main entrance.



"Modern Art
You cannot be serious!" :)

Friggin modern art.
My only thought looking at this.

"Wish You Were Where?" An interactive piece where you could write a place you wanted to be and tie it on.

The winner.

Cause America is the place to be. Right on.

Surprisingly, this is not by me.

Barbie? How did you get in here? I can't explain this. There were no signs. But I do not disapprove.

Crazy huge chariot race painting.

These horses be crazy.


lol.

In case you didn't, go ahead and click on the horse picture for the full effect. You won't be disappointed. You may, however, be slightly frightened, and for that, I am sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment