Monday, May 2, 2011

Go Banks! Maybe.

Happy Bank Holiday! I'm not quite sure why we have a day off and why it's simply called a "bank holiday," and I was too lazy to completely read the Wikipedia article on UK holidays. But I think it's just a random day off. Who am I to complain? It just means I don't have to start class until tomorrow. Fine by me, UK.

I don't have much to say, since explaining my day would simply cause me shame. I did much too much of nothing. Though the dining hall was open for "brunch" from 11:30 to 2:30, and let me tell you, I have not missed that food. Then again it was lame breakfast food, which is mostly lame to me because the bacon is just gross, fatty ham. I had that, toast, and a baked potato. Because who doesn't eat baked potatoes for breakfast? Oh right, Americans. LOL.

Anyway, for dinner, Veronique and I figured we'd just go get Subway, but at about 6:30, we discovered Subway was closed. This is twice now, Subway. You're on my list. We kept walking though, and low and behold, two blocks down, the second Subway was open! That Subway is now the superior of the two, despite its distance. Then again, the poor Subway guy in there could have been attempting to close, but people kept coming in. His loss. Our delicious gain.

Better get ready to seriously go back to school. Thanks to this unexplainable bank holiday, my evil English lecture has been rescheduled for tomorrow at 9am. Evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment