Monday, May 23, 2011

Still waiting for it to be June...

So many things to say, and yet so much studying left to do. At the moment I'm waiting for a chai latte to cool, so that I may drink without fear of a scorched tongue. I'm also waiting for essays to materialize so that I can study them, but my notebook remains blank. I know I'll at least do fine on half of this American studies final, because half of it is a general essay on a general question, like the conditions of women in the 60s. The second half, however, is writing an essay on the significance of a document, like MLK's "I Have a Dream" speech. Only we have a book of 50+ documents, and only 6 will be on the exam. So I'm freaking out over here, man. FREAKING OUT!

On the bright side, I got my last paper back, the one I wrote after Easter break for my religion class, and got an A-! I was not expecting a good grade on that paper. So go me!

(The latte is now one step below boiling, but still hovering around uncomfortably hot.)

Speaking of lattes, several of the girls who work at Caffe Nero now know Lauren and me very well, to the point where they see us and start whipping out cups for Lauren's "usual," a regular latte no foam, and my semi-usual, a regular tea with milk. What I will do without this cafe, I do not know.


I do know, however, that I will not miss filling my sink to create warm water. It literally takes 15 seconds for the hot water faucet to reach its boiling point and burn my hands. Not nice. Do you think Brits go on holiday to the US and realize that there are such things as one faucet for hot, cold, AND warm water?

Well, I'd better drink this latte before it goes cold, and study for my exam before I'm sitting in the lecture theater having a panic attack because I don't know anything. If only the US History classes we took every year of our lives actually made it past WWII.

No comments:

Post a Comment