Friday, May 27, 2011

Our friendly neighborhood barista: "Nerita"

Rocking out to country music today. Not sure why I felt the need to do this. Then again, "country music" on my itunes is essentially just Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, and Rascal Flatts. With the occasional Blake Shelton or Kenny Chesney. I really don't have much. So to be more accurate, I'm rocking out to very pop-like country. Anyway.

I told you to expect a picture with the Caffe Nero staff. Looks like your anxious waiting and sleepless nights have paid off:

Me and Lauren with an unnamed Caffe Nero staff member. Let's call her Nerita. (See what I did there? Only Nerita means sea snail in Spanish. Oh well.) Yes, it is a little sad that we did not learn her name, but now parting will be less personal and sad. Plus we get to call her Nerita. The magic would be ruined if her name was actually Jane or something.

After Lauren got on the bus and Emma, Veronique, and I waved goodbye from a rainy bus stop, life got slightly more boring. Emma is sadly awaiting the day I too leave, for as she often points out, at least Lauren and I are going back to the same country.

After a few hours of watching Youtube videos, I returned Lauren's library books. She may be going home, but she still has to write and send in a final paper. Unfortunately for me, it was quite a rainy day, and I was saving coins for laundry. So I bypassed the bus and walked. You know in movies, when people are having rough days and a large vehicle drives by and a huge puddle wave drenches the poor sap on the sidewalk? Welcome to my life. Okay it wasn't that bad. But it did happen thanks to a speedy bus, a large puddle, and a narrow sidewalk. Really only my calves were wet. But that's beside the point.

Here is the entrance to the library. I am waiting to return the books. There are the gate things where you must swipe both in and out. One of my more interesting pictures, yes. Just look at those fluorescent lights. And the blue queueing rope thing. (It took me about ten minutes to find the correct spelling of "queueing".)


In other news, I went over to Caffe Nero earlier for a drink, and Nerita was there. She served me and gave me the saddest, most sympathetic look before saying, "You're on your own now?" Aw man. I then told her I only had a week left and she exclaimed, "You guys! You guys are all leaving me." Aw again.

No comments:

Post a Comment