Monday, May 9, 2011

You tell 'em, New Hampshire.

Whoa, when did it become Monday? My last paper has been turned in, I am one seminar away from finishing classes...crazy. Friday I also turned in Lauren's paper, since she has not yet returned to the UK. What a rebel. She's back Thursday though! Yay!

So Friday Veronique, Rishika, Moka and I went to the "cinema" and saw Something Borrowed, which was cute, and only really good because John Krasinski was great as his character. Everyone else I wanted to slap. It was a whole lot of Ginnifer Goodwin's character going "but I love him and he loves me and I'm a terrible person for cheating with my bff's fiance" and the cheating fiance going "I love you but I am getting married and I don't know what to do" and John Krasinski metaphorically slapping everyone in the face going THIS IS RIDIC! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT IF YOU CARE! He was awesome.

My next outing on Saturday was to the mall, where I discovered this shirt in various colors in an Urban Outfitters store:

Granted, the store is American. But isn't it just hilarious to know that people in the UK are potentially walking around with "Live Free or Die" on their shirts? The late, great Old Man in the Mountain has even found his way over here.

Then I stopped at Starbucks and indulged in a strawberries and cream frappuccino, indulging because Starbucks is unnecessarily more expensive than other cafes here and also because I am aware that this is one of the worst drinks there. But it tasted like rainbows and unicorns in Heaven.

I forget what this place is called, but it's behind the mall, and I've seen it on postcards. I think it's just an old building that is a pub or bar. And it was crazy packed. I walked by it to visit the Cathedral, which I actually went into. It was very nice in there, and welcoming to anyone who wants to walk in. There are brochures and everything. I walked in in the middle of a service though, not that it really mattered. The service itself takes place in the center and there are walls around most of that area, so I couldn't really see anything. I just heard the organ and the choir singing. Thankfully since I was not a disturbance, it was a great time to walk around.

I lit that candle. And donated 50 p because I'm nice.

I love stained glass.

That is the middle area where the service is. This is towards the back, and after the service was over, where you can see in.
The back entrance, possibly.

From the back entrance looking toward the front. You can see how the middle section is separated.

The altar.

I'm in the middle! Whoa! It's cool in there.

Prettiness.

And outside, where I entered.
I'm glad I ventured inside. Cathedrals are so cool. I even read a sign mentioning something about services during the Reformation in the 16th century. Cathedrals are cool and old. Which makes them super cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment