Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May the 4th be with you.

Walked into my seminar today in the midst of a conversation about how one girl hurt her knee over break and was now on crutches. And by the way, British people use these crutches:


Ours seem so much more comfortable, right?

So this launched my professor into his "when I take over the world, I will start changing body parts" speech, since he seemed so against the make up of knees, which only move forward and backward, rather than pivoting. A reasonable point from my professor: "I will give people extra important things, like, why don't we have an extra liver? That would come in handy." Also, in a future ruled by Brian Ward, humans will have removable bladders, for when you really just don't want to have to go, and you can just ask someone to take your bladder for you. And when another girl piped up in sympathy for the injured girl - "I broke my ankle last summer, falling into a bush while getting up from a bench...I drank a little too much wine..." - my professor exclaimed with much enthusiasm, "And you were probably getting up to use the bathroom, weren't you! Removable bladders would cause less injury. You could have someone like a designated driver, only it would be a sober guy taking everyone's bladders." Well wouldn't that be the worst job ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment