Wednesday, December 7, 2011

*Yawn*

So tired. So so tired. Today's Lego Advent Calendar goody was also yawn-worthy. But before I get to that, let me give you a long, drawn out version of my day. It is good to have patience. I'm just teaching you life lessons. Don't scroll past this!!

I am tired because for some reason (I was being dumb, preoccupied, and in denial about my early morning start), I didn't go to bed until 1 am. Regretted this very very much when my alarm went off at 5 am. Spent the day in sixth grade. Watching the same lesson three times. Chilling with the teachers. Sitting in on a meeting with a parent. Then teaching my first lesson! So frightening and exciting. I literally just mimicked the lesson I had seen three times that day, though looking back there were many things I still forgot to say (don't worry, I don't think I damaged the children permanently, yet). Almost killed the smart board out of nervousness--the touch screen part of it really doesn't need much pressure to work... I also rambled a bit. Stumbled over words. Knew very few student names. BUT I survived. The kids paid attention very well. Volunteered to answer all my questions. And did the assignments well. Success! Basically.

I literally drove straight from school to my LAST CLASS OF THE SEMESTER! I knew I'd be late, so my professor was prepared. (Middle school gets out at 2...class starts at 2:15). But I was also the snack person (yes, my class had a snack rotation...) so when I walked in everyone looked at me excitedly and a whisper of "foooood" went around the room. Since it was the last class I went all out for them: Christmas [store-bought] cookies, grapes, and Munchkins, as well as Coke and Hug drinks (because I'm five). Fun times. Can't believe I'm done class. Time to start writing my research papers! 3 papers, 43 pages, minimum.

But first...

Did I not call the presents after getting the tree?!?! So boring. What am I going to do with these present blocks, and who is going to use the skateboard? Johnny's got the tree hostage on the police station roof and Stan the Man has since woken up and has been trying to regain his pride by shaking his fist forcefully at the out of reach criminal.

No comments:

Post a Comment