Thursday, December 1, 2011

HAPPY DECEMBER

First things first: where the heck did November go?!

I still can't believe it's already December...I also can't believe it's already Thursday. All day I kept thinking, I need to memorize my music for choir rehearsal on Thursday...oh no...that's tonight! Too late.

I also had my last education class today (although the seminar with the same people continues next semester), and it feels so strange to be done. The wise parting words my professor left us with: "Don't hit your students. And don't swear at them." Words to live by, people.

I also discovered that my friends have decided what we're doing for my birthday Saturday, but refuse to tell me and then laugh at me. And then criptically state that it'll be fun for me, and for them. And laugh some more. I got scared and left them for choir rehearsal, where we practiced for our Christmas service Sunday. It was kind of disorderly but we did get to practice with real fire! So no complaints. Also I was given alcoholic cider in a tradition known as wassailing (thanks wikipedia) because I am a senior. I did not expect this caroling and giving of cider because of the leaving-mandatory-rehearsal-early-and-angering-the-almighty-choir-director debacle of 2010. I politely took one sip and then poured it down the drain in the bathroom. I'll take my hot cider sans alcohol please. But I liked the gesture.

Anyway, guess that's it....



...KIDDING! We've got a Lego Advent Calendar goodie to check out!! I opened my first box early this morning and reveled in my first Lego buddy, even though I don't trust him...

Meet ex-convict Johnny Shush (I just read a book with a mobster by this name). He's clearly an escaped criminal, as can be seen from the number on his shirt and the evil glint in his eye, but he's also got a pretty nice jacket and a gold tooth. Mobster connections, obviously.

Can't figure out the extra white Lego piece though. In the picture its top is black, but no such black piece could be found. At first I thought perhaps, a Lego thermos? But he's way too badass for a thermos. We probably don't want to know what that white thing is...

Johnny in his lonely lego world, only a mysterious white object, a hobo hat, and a stylish red bandana for company. Hope he enjoys it while it lasts.

I can't wait until tomorrow!

And I don't know about you, but this box promises great things. Great, Christmasy things. The criminals, the cops, the fisherman, preoccupied Santa and his dog...it all really embodies the religious countdown that is an advent calendar.

(Just ignore Lego's age limit of 12...Just because I'm turning 22 in less than 48 hours doesn't mean I don't enjoy good, wholesome Lego fun!)

No comments:

Post a Comment